College Baseball Talk  

Go Back   College Baseball Talk > College Baseball Talk > General College Baseball Discussion > Big 12

Old 05-19-2014, 04:28 PM
College Baseball Fan

Default Big 12 Tournament Seedings and Pools

Pool 1
1) Oklahoma State
8) Oklahoma

4) Texas Tech
5) Texas

Pool 2
2) TCU
7) Baylor

3) Kansas
6) West Virginia

The winner of each pool will play in the Championship game Sunday. I'd love to see Oklahoma State and TCU advance to play in the Championship game, but these conference tourneys get crazy more often than not. TCU has a pretty good chance at winning it though because of their starting pitching. Oklahoma State's pitching depth will be tested this next week.
Old 05-22-2014, 12:41 PM
College Baseball Fan

After day one, we have West Virginia (after a crazy comeback) playing TCU today followed by Texas vs. Oklahoma State. That's the winner's bracket. The loser's bracket is Baylor vs. Kansas (currently playing) and Oklahoma vs. Texas Tech.

I'm glad Oklahoma State won yesterday to snap a long losing streak at this tournament. We should have our ace going tonight against one of Texas' best. TCU is set up extremely well after yesterday, as they still have all their top starting pitchers available. I still think they are the favorites, but an Oklahoma State/TCU final would be fun for sure!
Old 05-23-2014, 12:04 AM
College Baseball Fan

Kansas and Texas Tech got eliminated on day two. TCU beat West Virginia and Texas beat Oklahoma State (well-played game) to advance in the winner's bracket. Tomorrow features two elimination games between Baylor/West Virginia and Oklahoma/Oklahoma State.

Huge win by Texas tonight! They looked really strong, and they may end up hosting next weekend.
Old 05-25-2014, 02:55 PM
College Baseball Fan

TCU cruised into today's final after going 3-0 so far. Oklahoma State lost the second game and had to win three in a row to get to today's Championship game. TCU has the big edge, but I'm proud of the Cowboys for fighting back and giving themselves a chance. Today's game may be for a national seed too which makes it even better!
Old 05-25-2015, 09:42 AM
College Baseball Fan

Default Good luck .......

I hope the Cowboys win their respected regionals. The regionals / super regionals are an entirely different season or seasons. What has happened in the regular season and in tournament play have no bearing from here on out. That is the beauty of the playoff format -its great.